Business Development Executive.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Wolfenden team and to have a direct impact on our business’s growth on daily basis. We’re looking for a confident, outgoing communicator who loves talking to new people and forging relationships, helping to discover opportunities for some of the country’s best up-and-coming brands to grow.
This is a chance to sit at the forefront of our agency and play an integral role in our continued growth and success – whilst having the chance to continuously learn from some of the industry’s most respected experts.
This role would suit someone at the start of their career journey in sales and marketing, who is looking to develop their career in a friendly, flexible and ambitious environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsibility of the first stages of our sales journey – identifying exciting brands for Wolfenden to partner with, discovering the right contact and initiating conversation through a variety of channels.
- Accurately identifying an opportunity in terms of Wolfenden’s services, qualifying the opportunity against set criteria and booking a meeting to pass over to a director to ensure a seamless process for the prospect and internal teams.
- Work to set monthly qualified meeting targets as well as target market cut through KPIs.
- Work against set quarterly sales strategies to target specific companies which have been identified as Wolfenden’s ‘ideal client’ – using guidance and support for messaging within telephone, email, video and LinkedIn comms. Proactively use these comms methods in the most effective priority order and frequency to enable maximum target list cut-through.
- Effectively manage and organise your own time to ensure target prospects are contacted at relevant and key times using Wolfenden’s tech stack which includes a CRM, organisational and process tools.
- Take responsibility of your own data management within Wolfenden’s CRM – ensuring all relevant data fields have been added, we’re adhering to GDPR processes, and any communication attempt is accurately logged.
- Ensure you have a solid understanding of Wolfenden’s client base and the work and results we have produced – putting a process in place to ensure your understanding is refreshed on a minimum monthly basis and applying this knowledge to prospect calls – effectively communicating the most relevant case studies to a prospect.
- Ensure you have an excellent understanding of Wolfenden’s offering, approach and key USPs – proactively reading new proposals or pitches and working closely with the internal team to ensure full understanding of what we offer.
- Follow core new business processes to ensure we’re offering a seamless sales journey for prospects and we’re gathering all relevant and necessary information on the opportunity, as well as setting reminders for relevant touchpoints to nurture leads along the funnel.
- Frequently monitor industry and target sector news, as well as target company / contact updates to identify new leads or opportunities in addition to the target companies set – utilise past comms and up-to-date client results and agency messaging to effectively reach out and engage the prospect.
- Use paid third-party tools and desk research to identify the most relevant contact for set target companies and gather contact details.
- Proactively find new methods to identify the ‘ideal client’ – including ideas to maximise existing agency and staff relationships and monitoring competitor agencies.
- You’ll be a highly organised individual; able to effectively plan and manage your own time to ensure no contact “slips through the net”.
- A natural and confident communicator with proven experience building rapport and strong relationships with prospects / clients.
- You’ll be friendly and approachable in nature; a proactive self-starter whilst being a real team player.
- You’ll have a thirst for all things digital; an eagerness and enthusiasm to continuously learn more about our industry.
What we’ll offer you:
- Not only will you work with an industry-leading Data & Analytics team, but you’ll work closely alongside our other digital marketing teams (including SEO and paid media teams) – and have full visibility of other channel work and access to continuous training and support from other team members.
- You’ll be joining our agency at the cusp of an exciting phase of growth, and you can be a part of it. You won’t be a small fish in a big pond, we bring on individuals who want to have an influence and impact on our agency and become an integral part of our success.
- You’ll join a friendly and down-to-earth diverse and inclusive team.
Benefits & Perks:
- You’ll work a 4.5 day working week with flexible hours and a hybrid approach to location, with just one day required in the office each week. Our office shuts every Thursday morning until 1 pm to ensure a healthy work / life balance for our team.
- We increase your annual leave with length of service, up to 25 days of annual leave, with an office shutdown over Christmas, so you never have to use your holiday days, as well as your birthday off for free.
- We offer enhanced maternity and paternity packages, and we’re always happy to discuss part time working to make space for both work and family life.
- We have a dedicated training & development budget, open to anyone on our team, and monthly knowledge shares for regular cross team learning.
- Employee reward and recognition is hugely important to us; we have a monthly employee recognition programme and alongside this, all managers have monthly budgets to spend on appreciating their teams and rewarding excellent work.
- We have a collaborative office space in the heart of Leeds which is dog-friendly and just a 10-minute walk from the train station.
- Further benefits include a bonus scheme, a client referral scheme, employee referral scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, work anniversary meals on us, endless free ice-creams and Friday beers in the office, monthly optional socials which you pick, monthly prizes and much more!
You’ll be working alongside a friendly and supportive team in a relaxed city centre office environment with flexible hours and working from home available to all.
Latest Insights The Team.
Explore our team’s latest thoughts and actionable advice from our blog to support your digital marketing strategies.